Pyrgou lies 20 km from Iraklion and 1km from Agios Myron at 400m a.s.l with 354 inhabitants. It is built on a hillside overlooking the area, with panoramic view to the village of Kroussonas and the ravine of "Agia Irini".
At the village's perimeter there are well maintained tower-like houses.
Significant archaeological and historical monuments of the area are:
The chapel of "Agios Ioannis" with the emblem of Frangiskanon family dated from 1601, the chapel of "Panagia" which was burned by the Turks and has been renovated later and the chapel of "Agios Georgios Messambelitis" with old wine press, clay channels and storehouse.
The monastery of "Hryssopigi" part of the monastery of Gorgolaini.
Many traditional houses and two mills at "Kazola"
The cave "Mertzani spilios" at Mertzani.
The patron Saint is "Panagia" and there is a village feast on the 15th
August in her honour.